A hosting service pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a web page hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting service utilized for various purposes, so let's have a look at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a web portal, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some firms, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel web hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud web hosting platform would assign the load between independent groups of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a vast number of pictures with friends or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mails. Some providers offer web site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to get a mail address with your domains but do not desire to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domain name. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many video clips as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to have a site. To some degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can have a look at shared hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of web hosting solution that you've chosen - a free web hosting account, a paid